Sonoma, Calif. (July 31-Aug. 2)
- Six-time world champion Jeg Coughlin Jr. will return to the Pro Stock class during this weekend's 28th annual NHRA Sonoma Nationals in Sonoma, Calif. He will drive a Chevy Camaro for the Elite Motorsports team. This is the first of three scheduled Pro Stock events Coughlin will spend with the team this season.
- Coughlin will also race his custom-built '66 Chevy II station wagon in Sonoma. He will make his NHRA national event debut in the Super Street class, which features a common 10.90-second index.
- Coughlin has driven his Chevy II to several impressive bracket wins. Most recently, he wheeled the vintage Chevy to a $20,000 payday at the popular K&N Spring Fling event last May at Bristol Dragway.
- Coughlin is one of only four drivers, along with Peter Biondo, Scotty Richardson, and Justin Lamb, to win national event titles in six different categories. He has won in Pro Stock, Comp, Super Stock, Super Comp, Super Gas, and Top Dragster.
- During his career, which began in 1997, Coughlin has earned 15 top-10 finishes in the NHRA Pro Stock class.
- Coughlin has recorded two Pro Stock wins in Sonoma. He defeated Greg Anderson in the final round in 2003 and Jason Line in the 2010 final. In addition to his two wins, Coughlin has a pair of runner-up finishes to his credit. He finished second to Dave Connolly at the 2008 race and was runner-up to Vincent Nobile at the 2013 event.
- In 15 career appearances in Sonoma, Coughlin has an elimination round-win record of 26-13 in Pro Stock competition.
- Coughlin qualified No. 1 at the 2001 Sonoma Nationals. He has qualified in the top spot 20 times in his Pro Stock career. In 14 career appearances in Sonoma, he has qualified in the top half of the field nine times and his average starting position is No. 7.
- Coughlin's best elapsed time in a Pro Stock car is 6.484 seconds, and his best speed is 214.62 mph, both recorded in Gainesville 2014.
- Coughlin is one of just 18 professional racers to win 500 elimination rounds of NHRA competition, a feat he accomplished at the 2013 Topeka race. The only other Pro Stock drivers with 500 wins are Warren Johnson, Bob Glidden, and Greg Anderson.
- Coughlin is the only professional racer in the history of NHRA to win a national event title from all 16 starting spots.
- Coughlin is a five-time NHRA Mello Yello Drag Racing Series Pro Stock champion. He earned season titles in 2000, 2002, 2007, 2008, and 2013. As a Sportsman driver, he claimed the NHRA Super Gas championship in 1992.
- Including Sonoma Raceway, Coughlin has won at least one NHRA national event at 24 different facilities, making him the all-time leader in that category.
- With 58 career Pro Stock wins, Coughlin ranks fourth all-time among Pro Stock drivers. Only Warren Johnson (96), Bob Glidden (85), and Greg Anderson (78) have more titles.
- In his 354 career Pro Stock races, Coughlin has reached the final round 99 times, recording 58 wins. Including his 16 Sportsman victories, he has won a total of 74 times. During his career, Coughlin has appeared in 119 final rounds, 97 as a professional and 22 as a Sportsman racer.
- During his Pro Stock career, Coughlin has competed in 354 events and recorded 571 round-wins while incurring just 280 losses. He has failed to qualify just 16 times.
- The Coughlin family, including John, Troy, Mike, Jeg Jr., and Troy Jr., has combined for 107 NHRA national event victories since 1990. The Coughlins have won in nine different eliminators: Pro Stock, Pro Stock Truck, Pro Mod, Comp, Super Stock, Super Comp, Super Gas, Top Sportsman, and Top Dragster.
Team JEGS – By the Numbers (NHRA Sonoma Nationals Edition)
4 – Final-round appearances in Pro Stock for Jeg Coughlin Jr. at Sonoma Raceway (two wins, two runner-up finishes)
6 – Classes in which Coughlin has earned an NHRA national event victory
9 – Classes in which the Coughlin family has earned an NHRA national event victory
20 – Times Coughlin has qualified No. 1 in a Pro Stock field
107 – Combined NHRA national event victories for the Coughlin family